Back to my deployment. Same old stupidity. In fact, it seems even worse after being on leave. One day I was in the hot tub at Grandma’s house with Mike surrounded by nothing but mountains and trees, looking at the stars while Mom and Grandma sat inside and planned Mike and I’s someday wedding. Then the next day (well, technically 2 days later, but I didn’t go to sleep the second night so for me it was the next day) I was back in the desert getting roasted alive by the sun and getting sucked into everybody else’s stupid drama.
We were back for less than an hour and Mike got stuck filling out some stupid police report because a girl we know came home to find her ex’s laptop in her room (some drunken prank by one of his friends probably). She immediately returned it and he accused her of stealing it and reported her to the police. Mike and I were in front of my room and saw her arrive home, go into her room, and come out 5 seconds later with the computer in her hand and a “wtf?” expression on her face, so we were considered “witnesses to the crime”.
While Mike was filling out the report a friend of his came over to me and was like, “WTF did Mike do that the cops are talking to him?” Well, I didn’t want any rumors going around that Mike got in trouble with the police (this place is the worst rumor mill I’ve ever seen) so I gave him a reader’s digest version of what happened. As I was doing so an older woman who lived nearby walked by and and said (all fucking high and mighty), “You shouldn’t be telling people. It’s none of their business.”
Um, yeah…I’m calling a BIG bullshit on this for a series of carefully organized reasons:
1) She pokes her nose into other people’s business more than anyone I’ve ever seen. In fact, the whole time Mike was trying to fill out the police report, she was standing next to him trying to tell him what to write down to make the girl look like a thieving bitch.
2) The only reason this woman even cares about this particular incident is because she desperately wants into the pair of pants owned by the same guy who owns the misplaced laptop. Which is gross because he’s young enough to be her grandson, but also fully expected because she’s like that with EVERY young guy on the island. Exhibit A: The only time she’s ever nice to me is when Mike is looking, because she wants him to think she’s really nice and caring and stuff so that she’ll maybe have a chance with him if we ever break up. Good luck you ancient hag.
3) Even if she had a legitimate place to stand on the “don’t talk about other people’s business” issue, she had no reason to open her mouth because I wasn’t even saying anything. I didn’t use any names or even any details, all I said was that Mike hadn’t done anything, he was just a witness to someone else’s bullshit.
4) Even if I WAS blabbing about their shit, it’s up to the drama-causers in question to tell me if they don’t want me talking about it. It’s none of HER fucking business.
And last but not least:
5) If the drama-causers don’t want people talking about their business, maybe they shouldn’t flaunt said business all over the fucking barracks by doing things like screaming at each other from opposite ends of the block and putting their innocent neighbors into positions that require them to fill out a fucking police report.
Grrrrrrrr…SO ANNOYED!!!!! I REALLY don’t like drama and I REALLY don’t want to be back here.